Photos are for informational purposes only. View product specification
please use latin characters
Photoelektric safety barriers - type FF-SYA
The Honeywell FF-SYA light curtain is in compliance with IEC/EN 61496 - parts 1 and 2 standard and meets the requirements for a Type 4 Active Optoelectronic Protective Device, the highest level for safety products. The product received an EC type test certificate from the French INRS notified body, required for safety equipment as per the 98/37/EC Machinery Directive. It meets the applicable parts of North American standards and regulations (OSHA 1910.212, OSHA 1910.217, ANSI standards including ANSI RIA 15.06 for Control Reliability and CSA Z434). Its CSA mark makes it a product usable in most parts of the world.
As soon as an object is detected inside the protection field, the FF-SYA de-energizes its two static safety outputs to signal the dangerous motion to stop. The FF-SYA is a self-contained light curtain that does not require a separate control unit for operation. Safety relay modules are available to provide higher current capability and additional functionality. This light curtain has been designed to satisfy the requirements of worldwide machine manufacturers and users: its compact size combined with its universal and smart features makes it full-featured and easy to use.
• Active Optoelectronic Protective Device compliant with the requirements of the IEC/EN 61496 - parts 1 and 2 European norms for Type 4 electrosensitive protective equipment
• Meets applicable parts of North American standards and regulations OSHA 1910.212 and 217; ANSI B11.1.2 and .19; ANSI RIA 15.06 for Control Reliability; CSA standards
• Self-contained with optical synchronisation
• 2 static safety outputs with short-circuit and cross-fault detection
• Selection of the infrared emission power allows cross-talk reduction
• Enhanced diagnostic information includes: a signal strength indicator, a cross-talk indicator and a failure diagnostic indicator
• Test input with selectable test input type
• Resolutions available: ø14 mm / 0.6 in for finger detection ø30 mm / 1.2 in for hand detection ø60 mm / 2.4 in for leg detection
• Protection height up to 1830 mm / 72 in
• Scanning range up to 20 m / 65 ft
• Electrical connection:
- Hirschmann N6RFF type connectors,
- Brad Harrison Mini-Change® connectors
- Terminal strips
• Mounting brackets included allowing multiple mounting positions
• Safety relay modules for more switching capability or additional features (to be ordered separately).
• Presses and punches
• Metal-forming, milling and drilling machines
• Spot-welding machines and fine-boring machines
• Pressing, moulding and thermoforming machines
• Stacking machines, transporting and conveyor technology; handling equipment and assembly lines
MISUSE OF DOCUMENTATION
• The information presented in this product sheet (or catalogue) is for reference only. DO NOT USE this document as system
• Complete installation, operation and maintenance information is to be referenced for each product.
Failure to comply with these instructions could result in death or serious injury.
- COMPACT SIZE
The cross section of 42 mm2 x 55 mm2 makes installation possible in tight spaces, especially with the help of the small brackets supplied with the light curtains. The available safety relay modules easily fit inside the machine control panel with its small width DIN rail mount housing.
The housing dimensions are the same for the 14 mm / 0.6 in, 30 mm / 1.2 in, 60 mm / 2.4 in resolution light curtains. The extended protected heights range from 334 mm to 1830 mm / 13.1 in to 72 in, covering industrial applications. The scanning range makes it possible to use mirrors in order to protect several sides of a machine with only one system.
The FF-SYA is equipped with 2 static safety outputs. Compatible safety relay modules are available for a greater
output current capability and manual restart functionality. An integrated cross talk reduction system allows the scanning range to be selected for the application distance. A cross-talk indicator flickers when emission from other systems is detected, indicating that a different selection of the scanning range is needed. The light curtain also has a signal strength indicator which flickers if there is a slight misalignment of the beams or front window contamination. Additional indicators provide information on the outputs status, on the selected scanning range and on failure diagnostic. Standard brackets are delivered with the light curtain to ease the order process. The housing has a T-slot mounting system to adapt brackets anywhere along the lateral sides, the rear sides or at the top and
the bottom of the light curtain. Hirschmann connectors are delivered with the FF-SYA❏❏❏❏❏C2 light curtains.
Cross-talk reduction system
The FF-SYA light curtain is based upon an infrared transmission between an emitter unit and a receiver unit. It is a requirement of the IEC/EN 61496-2 standard that if a receiver R2 receives two signals transmitted by two different emitters E1 and E2, the receiver R2 must turn to the alarm state. This happens if the receiver R2 is within the beam aperture angle and within the nominal scanning range of the second emitter E1. The cross-talk detection indicator flickers on the receiver R2 to warn the installer.
An internal configuration card is available on the emitter units for the selection of the adequate emission power. This configuration card can be used to eliminate this cross-talk phenomenon by decreasing the maximum scanning range down to minimum. The end cap can be easily removed, and there is no need to remove the unit from the machinery to select a different scanning range. Products are delivered with a maximum scanning range to ease the alignment process.
|Resolutions mm/in||0 14 /0,6||0 30 mm / 1.2 in||0 60/2,4|
|Protection heights||Patrz tabela 2|
|Nominal scanning ranges (m/ft)||0 - 6/0 - 20||0,3 - 18/1 - 60||0,3 - 18/0,3 - 60|
|Supply voltage||24 V DC (± 15 %)|
|Power consumption||Emitter: 5 W max. • Receiver: 7 W max. (see Table 2)|
|Outputs||2 PNP safety static outputs (switching capacity: 0,35 A / 24 Vdc)|
|Response time||13,5 to 22,5 ms (see Table 2)|
|LED status indicators||Emitter: test mode, failure alarm, selected scanning range|
|Cross sectional area||W 42 mm2 x D 55 mm2 / W 1.65 in2 x D 2.16 in2|
|Emission||Infrared modulated light source (880 nm)|
|Effective aperture angle||± 2°, ± 25 % (in compliance with the IEC/EN 61496 - Part 2)|
|Light immunity||Sun: 20 000 lux • Lamp: 15 000 lux|
|Electrical noise immunity||IEC 61000-4-4: level III / IEC 61000-4-3: level III|
Operating temperature: 0 °C to 55 °C / 32 °F to 131 °F
Storage temperature: -20 °C to 75 °C / -4 °F to 167 °F
|Vibrations||IEC/EN 61496-1: 10 to 55 Hz frequency range, 1 octave/min.sweep rate,|
|Sealing||IP 65, NEMA 4, 13|
|Material||Housing: aluminium alloy • Front plate: polymethyl metacrylate (PMMA) • End caps: polycarbonate|
|Electrical connection||FFF-SYA❏❏❏❏❏C2: EN 60423 plastic 7-pin right-angle plugs with crimping contacts|
mm / in
|P (lens scale)
mm / in
|D (lens diameter)
mm / in
|A (non active zone)
mm / in
|B (non active zone)
mm / in
|FF-SYA30||0 30/1,2||20 /0,8||10/0,4||22,27/0,7||86,8/3,45|
|FF-SYA60||0 60/ 2,4||40/1,6||10/0,4||42,2/1,66||87,6/3,45|
|Sensing field height||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm||mm|
|Weight per device11,381,762,142,522,93,283,664,044,42|
Each listing consists of an emitter, a receiver,
2 pairs of right-angle brackets, a test rod and a
pair of Hirschmann N6RFF connector